First time that my LR3 saw snow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is just after sitting out for 30 mins. Not a blizzard, and it didn't really stick all day, but hey it's something. :D
utf-8BSU1BRzAwMDMuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMDUuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMDQuanBn.jpg

Last edited:

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is distrubing in this picture is that is is clear that you didn't take the LR3 out immediately whence the snow came. Similar to kids on a snow day, it is mandatory to take your LR3 out for some driving fun for the first snow.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed! Only viable response now is "I was waiting for the snow to build up a bit..."

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, so true. We've been in blizzards here during recent winters in the Northeast, and always like to take out the LR3 to play. Even my wife encourages a little joy ride right after a heavy snow, very scenic before the plows and cars start to hit the roads.

You're not in Florida any more CMG! Do you have prior experience driving in snow? If not, an empty parking lot is one place to experience the limits of traction, especially when braking. Snow mode on the terrain response system is very effective at numbing throttle response and adjusting traction control sensitivity, but the ABS only helps a little when trying to slow the momentum of a 3 ton vehicle in snow.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to leave for work. But next snow (here in WI I think we might get more :D) I'm going to go play.

I've driven in snow plenty of times, lived in Chicago for all but the last 12 years, and taking annual trips to CO, and back to Chicago. :D

rchase

Reaction score
she's lying to you... they all say your their first.. Unless she's a clean one owner

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's probably its first, it was FL owned and driven for 4 years....

ralph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First snow Colorado Springs

First snow a few weeks ago off Stage Rd west of the Springs.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-11-11 at 8.01.48 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-11-11 at 8.01.48 AM.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 96

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how you should treat your LR3 when it snows. . .

Attachments

• DSC_7191.JPG
    DSC_7191.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 95

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM