Fog lights are not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W

wickham

Hello, this is my first post here and it is a pleasure to meet everyone. I have only had my LR for about 2 days and now my fog lights are not working. I have a 2003 Land Rover Discovery SE. When I push the fog light switch the little orange light does not come on and the fog lights remain off as well. I checked the fuse for the fog lights and it is fine. I know that they were working when I purchased my car and now they are not. Thank you in advance for your help.

F

fxinc

I had the same problem. Turned out to be a hole in the lens. The inside was getting wet, causing it to fail.

W

wickham

How did you go about fixing the problem? There is moisture inside of my fog light housing, would that Likely be the reason they are not working?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like the bulb assemble (where you put the bulb) is corroded, start there.

F

fxinc

Replaced the stock with aftermarket.
p.s. I'm talking about the Big accessory lights on the push bar, not the ones under the bumper.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, those are not fog lights, but driving or off road lights....

But did you get them to work? If not it could be a relay.

W

wickham

no, how do i check the relays. when i push the button to turn on the lights that are on the front bumper (i thought those were fog lights) the little orange light does not come on, neither do the lights. How do i check the relays? and where are they. I have checked the fog light fuses in the engine compartment and that fuse was fine. i appreciate you guys helping me out.

R

RoverDisco98

They may be wired in to the fog light circuit in which case they will only work when the main beams are on and in the low setting.

W

wickham

i have tried them with high beams, low beams and also the lights off. I would assume it is a relay but i dont not know to do so. where exactly would the fog light relay be?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge