For those of you with the Curt Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who installed this hitch on your trucks, do I really need to lower the spare wheel or can I do without this procedure? Also, The wire harness from my trailer is a five pin, what is the best way to address this with the available LR3 harnesses?

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't answer your question on the Dropping the tire bit, but go to your local RV, Trailering place and buy an adapter. I got mine from NAPA for my Ram truck, 7Pin RV to 6pin round and 7Pin RV to 4 Flat. Of course the rover only needs the 7-6 adapter. Also the 7 Pin RV plug is a much more common standard why not switch your trailer plug out for that one??

yankee270

Reaction score
For the most part you have to. I can see you not dropping it but it would take you 3x longer on the install. And BTW, why not drop the tire? It doesn't even take 3 mintues but will save a ton of time on the install.

Bily Lovec

Reaction score
as yankee stated, its much easier with the tire dropped, use 3 minutes to drop the tire gaines you 15 minutes in not dodging the tire :)

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I keep it attached to the cabel or do I have to take the whole thing out? Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo