For those with Expedition Roof Rack, look at this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a expedition roof rack and got tired of hearing the wind noise coming through from the sunroof area. The expedition rack leaves a gap between the first row roof and the bottom of the rack that wind can rush through, so I tried putting a sunroof wind deflector in there and it seems to have done the trick. I bought this one from amazon Amazon.com: Sunroof Wind Deflector for Land Rover LR3 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 Clip-On: Automotive and there is no more windnoise from the sunroof. It almost perfectly fills the gap between the roof rack and the roof of the first row. There's still a little noise coming through from the top of the driver and passenger door, but I'll blame that on worn out door seals. When I tried it out today, it was the first time I heard the tire noise coming from my worn out GY SA's. Just a quick tip if you have the expedition rack and want a little less wind noise.

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting... Thanks for the heads up, I might try that out. Our truck came with the rack already installed, so it's hard to tell actually noise can be attributed to the rack.

But I definitely notice it, although the wife thinks I'm crazy.

Any pics of the final setup? You probaby cant even see it from the side...

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yah, I'll take some pics next time I head out. You can't notice it from the front, it literally blends in the gap between the roof and roof rack perfectly. From the sides, the deflector sticks out maybe half an inch because its more square than the bottom of the roof rack. It also stops just short of the front "legs" of the roof rack, maybe an inch, but again, its hardly noticeable unless you know what you're looking for.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge