Forget the Rubicon Trail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know; that's what I mean. These guys are carrying a ton of speed...because the rocks are either loose or covered with mud. I've seen this trail segment first-hand and it is nasty! I'd only put my LR3 through this if I'd just hit the LOTTO!

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From a balls standpoint I'd love to try it. From a many-less-extreme-trails-are-just-as-enjoyable standpoint, I probably wouldn't go near it.

But I'd love to watch in person.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used dream about the Rubicon..one day I will get it as a second car an play with ..
They are a good base to make a nice offroader, well they are pretty good out of the box basically missing lift and better tires and wheels..
I used to have lifted XJ similar to this one ..better looking though

YouTube - Lance's Jeep XJ and the $70. Hole Jeep Jamboree

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well ..I had a ARB snorkle on mine..this guy though ..I don know...XJs had a very guffy air intake without modifying it they would suck water like a vacuum cleaner..

blownf150

Reaction score
well yall need to come to the southeast that looks alot like my driveway and alot like what some of the trails are well used to be in tellico but we have a local place that is nothing but slimey nasty rocks that creeks run down but i still dont think i would take my lr3 we do take the disco though parts tend to be a hair cheaper

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that first video is some of the worst driving I've ever seen. That dude doesn't need sunglasses. A blindfold would do just fine :)

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got to agree with Nathan here. That driving was horrible. :stupid:

I think an LR3 with 285/60/18's and some good underbody protection (and perhaps that rod mod) could get up this a lot easier than that video makes it look. I say this after having done some trails that don't look much different. The final ascent on Lockwood-Miller for example (Gorman, CA). Although, I'll admit I did those in dry conditions. That one looked pretty wet and slippery.

Sometimes your best piece of off road equipment is between your ears. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM