Forget the Rubicon Trail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that first video is some of the worst driving I've ever seen. That dude doesn't need sunglasses. A blindfold would do just fine :)
I wasn't going to be the first to rip on the guy with more balls than I have, but I'll happily pile on. It's always hard to pick a good line from behind the wheel, but it looked like he usually picked the worst possible line (and that's what spotters are for). Oh, and then he tried to go up sideways. :)

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two things:

1. I agree that the driving sucked.
2. I've seen several videos of that trail segment and it just looks tough. Big rocks, bigger holes and if it's not muddy or dusty then it's loose and just slips.

...okay one more thing: the driving in all the other videos sucked too. I'd like to see one person air down and try it a little slower and more deliberate.

If you guys wanna see other people/rigs try it, just type in "yellow jacket tahuya" into youtube.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The camera girl sounds like a long day...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I accidentally linked Part 3 twice...but Part 4 is just this guy getting winched out. I'll give the camera girl props for having a steady hand and keeping the camera aimed in the right place.

...but you see what I mean about the size of the rocks and holes, huh? I think the first clip with the Jeep didn't really do much to show the scale of the obstacles.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I still think if it was dry, an LR3 could get up it.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I wouldn't mess with it until after I installed RS Sliders!

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well..that's about it for the grand.. the rubicons had heavy d. axels factory installed which helps.. I had a chance to crawl in Grand Cherokee couple of times.. LR3 would have much better shot on that.. after deflating the tires to minimum of course

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not thinking that Grand Cherokee is stock. Who knows what's going on under that thing...

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is not, yet in 90% of cases guys keep the factory joints and axels , do the lifts sway bar disconnects maybe lockers etc etc....(and still forget to air down..)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM