Found a Good Deal at CarMax for a LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ApexLR3

Reaction score
I really am impressed by the LR3. I was debating between the LR3 and a Tahoe. I have found several LR3's at CarMax with under 18,000 miles.

Do you guys think $26,800 is a good price for a 13000 mile 2006 LR3?

Quick Question:

On the steering wheel on the right side, it has the green/red phone, does this mean the car has the Blue Tooth function for handsfree wireless phone?

According to the pictures it has:
leather, heated seats (front and rear), sirius satelite radio, harman kardon stereo, cold weather package, and all the other standards.
Color is Silver with Black Leather.
I would prefer the tan interior, but this price seems too good to me.

Thanks,
Apex

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a reasonably good deal

That price sounds pretty much in line with what's out there at retail places/dealers... its still under factory warranty for a bit correct? That truck at a Land Rover dealer is prob 28 or 29K but then will be CPO.

I was looking at 2005, 2006, 2007 LR3s at Carmax in June (I ended up buying a 2005 HSE from a LR dealer)... and that price is right where they were then.

As for bluetooth, you are correct, it must have the green/red buttons on the right side of the wheel. Even the LR3s without bluetooth have the keypad and phone button on the radio, but no bluetooth.

This is an SE, not HSE, right?

RAWLR3

Reaction score
Carmax is a good company. They mark the vehicles up 3 to 4 thousand over what you could get from a dealership (Haggle, Carmax = No Haggle) I just picked up a 2005 LR3 HSE listed at $20,990. Purchased for $18800. W/ 69k miles. It looks brand new. It was a local car, woman driver.
I wish you all the best in your search! Check out Edmunds.com

MrsLauraE

Reaction score
Low miles...sounds good to me. Maybe not the best deal ever, but not bad at all.
I just bought a 2006 with 27K miles (end of July 2009) at a LR dealer for the same price.
Mine is an SE, so no heated seats.
Does this one have a Navigation system?

ApexLR3

Reaction score
It does not have Nav unfortunately. But my wife recently bought me a kick ass Tom Tom. I'm suprised you guys don't think this is a steal of deal. The LR dealership near my house want $33K for a 27,000 mile 07 SE that is scratched all to hell!

I wouldn't pay more than 22,000 for the 07, so the 26 Grand for the 06 in mint seems like they are giving it away.

I'll check Edmunds to be sure I don't overpay. Thanks for the advice guys!

05LR3AZ

Reaction score
Lr3

It sounds like an OK deal. The LR dealer in my area has a few 06's with similar to higher mileage for 28k SE, NAV equiped HSE for 29K. The 07's are 33/34k with 14k miles...

The mileage is really good on the one you are looking at.

Also, I'm not sure why the dealer would be selling one scratched to hell but good luck to them. :stupid:

Good luck with your purchase :hello:

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've bought a half dozen vehicles from CarMax over the years and really like their business model. They don't haggle, but their prices are in a good universe which I like a lot better than a "must haggle" price. Their quality check before putting a vehicle on the lot seems effective, and their warranty is very good. The price you quoted doesn't sound bad.

David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4