Found where leak is coming from on air compressor. Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if there was a way to fix a leak I found on my compressor. I kept getting a "Suspension Fault Normal Height Only" message. I could hear the compressor working then cut off and then the fault message would appear. I decided to take the cover off around the compressor, start the truck and see if I could find what was wrong. Sure enough I started to hear air "hiss" from the bottom line that has a blue grommet around it. It's leaking air from where the line goes into the compressor. Not sure if the line is cracked, but it's not hard nor brittle. Is there a way to fix this myself?

I do have the ESP warranty, but I'd like to fix this myself if it can be done.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TJ, they look kind of like that. I'll have to get a picture of what I'm talking about. I think the line is pressed onto the fitting, maybe not even servicable. I think the line needs replaced, but the dealer will tell me tomorrow...

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI, If it is a push connect fitting they can be found at parts stores that cater to heavy trucks.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it to the dealer yesterday and it's a bad compressor. Good news is, it's all covered by my Ford ESP, to include rental car!

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So compressor was replaced because it failed to build pressure in sufficient time. Parts and labor was ~$1,245 plus rental car ($450), however, I only paid $100 thanks to my ESP warranty!

The dealer also "fix" my cabin water leak. They said my cowl cover was leaking so they sealed with an epoxy at no charge. Only time will tell, or the next heavy rain.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The dealer also "fix" my cabin water leak. They said my cowl cover was leaking so they sealed with an epoxy at no charge. Only time will tell, or the next heavy rain.

It'd be nice to see a picture of the area they epoxied if you can find it! That sounds like a simple maintenance item we can keep an eye on if it is a wear area.

Good luck with the new compressor. I had mine warrantied as well.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, went looking for it today because the underside of my carpet was wet again! So i decided to check again and after pulling off the rt side windshield pillar, I wound where the water was coming from. There is hole at the very top of the pillar that should have had a plastic plug in it, just like the lt side had. Well water was running down the pillar and into that hole, then down the inside of the body eventually ending up pooling on the wire bundles and getting soaked up by the carpet backing. I took a picture of the hole and will get it up as soon as I figure out how. Filing that hole has also caused the weather seal to stop retaining water and pouring out on my feet.

I hope this is it. Every Land Rover I've owned has leaked water or worse inside. Still wouldn't drive anything else.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo