Freelander 02 - Gas Gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benjhinton

Reaction score
G'day all,

I have the strangest experience right now with my "new to me" 2002 Freelander. The gas gauge seems to be working in reverse.

Fill the tank up - shows empty with light on
drive for 80 miles - gauge shows 1/3 full
drive for 160 miles gauge shows 2/3 full

Question : Is it possible to install a part upside down/or plug a switch in back to front?

:confused:

Thanks for any insight

BTW : I am still getting 20mpg [have to track it as I do not trust the gauge] and the car is running great.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you just had it changed, I would say it was plugged in backwards.

Mazdryk

Reaction score
Having the same problem. I just changed the fuel pump and now my gage reads backwards. I tried swapping the blue wires on the sender but it did nothing. Maybe i should try and swap the power/ground wire (red, black)?

Mazdryk

Reaction score
I solved the Problem.

There are 2 different fuel pumps depending on your VIN #. Both Fuel pumps will plug and and work perfectly except for the fuel gage. I had the wrong pump installed then realized that the VIN I though i had was wrong. I ordered the next part # and it worked. CAll a dealer for the right Part number.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4