Front and Rear Lamp Guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhb907

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with front or rear lamp guards sold by a company called Travall? The photos on their web page look like LR OEM parts. In addition, Travall’s installation instructions look identical to the LR.

samterri

Reaction score
I saw that, too. They're about half the price as getting them from LR. I've studied them, probably too closely, and the rear looks like it's missing one of the bars that go across the lamp. Other than that, they look great. I'll probably pick up a pair just to see what's up.

mhb907

Reaction score
I think that there are two LR OEM rear lamp guards for the LR3. VUB501380 is plastic and has three cross bars. VUN502590 is aluminum and has four cross bars.

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a slightly side note, do these types of lamp guards really offer any measure of protection, or are they merely cosmetic? To me, it looks like the offending object, whether it be a tree branch or a boulder, would have to hit at just the right angle in order to be deflected.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can only speak for the plastic rear guards on my Sport (the LR3's look very similar), but they are mostly cosmetic. Too flimsy to offer any protection from a real hit, although they may be OK to deflect some light brush and branches - which would cause little or no damage to front or rear light clusters anyway... :wink: But hey, they do look good. If you have the misfortune of running into a very picky cop itching to write a ticket, the front guards would also be considered non-street legal - which is why authorized dealers usually sell the rear ones only.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4