Made an appointment for timing chain fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Insurance companies see a vehicle as an economic commodity. The only "value" it has is whatever "the market will bear". I wouldn't buy a $5,000 designer handbag, but apparently that's what it's "worth" since someone will pay it.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got my LR4 back on Friday, 3 weeks later. It runs strong as ever. No more clack noise and when flogging it hard it doesn't stink from valve cover leaks. There were some gasket smells and that is it. They also did sunroof drains for $188 and adjusted my headlights for $94. They said the air suspension is fine and working as expected. For some reason I don't trust the sunroof drains were done but it looks like a PITA to even test all 4 corners since I can't even see the drains.

Aside from that this morning when I fired it up there was a bunch of noise inside the cabin coming from the rear drivers side that was pretty alarming. That was not there before at all but it went away after the compressor finished. I'm going to be calling them on Monday and ask them to fix it. There is also a stink smell that is slowly going away after leaving the windows open all night. It stank pretty bad, not sure *** was up with that. There was several grease marks on my drivers side floor and I cleaned that up. When it starts it seems like the starter runs longer than it should for a second. It never did that before, but I can live with it. It seems like it should be adjusted though.

Before:

After:

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long crank times are usually a fuel pressure loss in the fuel rail. Aka fuel leak.
They did work on the fuel rail since they needed to pull the injectors for some reason. They bought new injector seals. The starting isn't "bad" per say, but the start behavior is different. Its kind of like for a 1/2 second the starter is still running after the engine fires but it doesn't do it all the time. Does that sound like a fuel pressure loss?

The cabin stink was caused by someones stinky greasy shoes and the smell is gone now. Then the absurd vibrating noise while the compressor was running was resolved by pushing on the interior panels back there.

All was perfect until this morning I flogged it and on deaccel I smelt exhaust in the cabin again. I don't remember if its the same smell but when I got out and walked past the front I could smell a bit of oil. It wasn't smoking though, in time I think it will start smoking because it will get worse. I guess the valve cover seal on the drivers side is hard. Its a bit of a bummer tbh.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72