Front lamp guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of picking up the front lamp guards from Atlantic British.

Has anyone here installed them? They look pretty cut and dry as far as an install goes. Actually very easy.

But the question that I have is, can you install them without taking the grille off?

I have the front brush bar with the driving lamps and would hate like hell to have to take everything off to put the lamps on. turning a 10 minute into a 45 minute job so to speak. I was hoping that just the headlamp would be ok.

Thanx!!

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grill needs to come off. Easy install, but you do need to pull the grill for a mounting bracket on each side.

FYI...you do know that the Euro lamp guards are made of plastic, correct?

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is what I thought. Looks like I will have to leave a Saturday afternoon open;)

Here they are:
https://www.roverparts.com/Parts/VUB501200G.cfm

Genuine Land Rover lamp guards protect your lamps and add an aggressive flare to your Rover. Made of durable polycarbonate means no denting or rusting.

They are plastic, but are called "polycarbonate". I guess they can call it that when it $232 for the pair of guards.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy to install. I think I spent 45 minutes, and I have the lights, and A-bar. I think they look great. Taking off the grill and pulling the lights is a snap. If you can operate a screwdriver, these are no problem to put on.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they sell these things any cheaper in England? I have been thinking about ordering a pair of these overpriced pieces of plastic myself. I am going to London on a trip this summer and would consider picking up a pair there if they are any cheaper. If anyone has any thoughts, just let me know. Also, how hard is it to install the A Frame Guard? Is this something I should take my LR3 in for? Thanks!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not exactly "hard", but takes effort... including drilling. http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com and read the pictogram installation instructions.

Front lamp guards (VUB501200) are about £90 in the UK, before VAT.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, the reason they are more expensive here is that they are not officially sold in North America. Anyone that sells them are importers. Maybe a legal issue in a state or two...

We only get the rear guards. Just as pointless, at least from a "protection" point of view. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grommet said:
By the way, the reason they more expensive here is that they are not officially sold in North America. Anyone that sells them are importers. Maybe a legal issue in a state or two...

We only get the rear guards. Just as pointless, at least from a "protection" point of view. :)
Hi Grommet

I have to agree with your assessment, I think from a protection and price stand point they should be metal, but I believe it's a EU "people friendly" reg for the plastic.. same thing for the A-Frame bar.

I am considering the under bumper skid plate( easy access to front recovery point) and swing away tire carrier from http://www.landroverparts.us/LandRoverLR3/LandRoverLR3.html
what do you think ??? TIA
Cheers
John

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The protection plate seems pretty good... not sure how it compares to the (soon to be available in North America, if not already) Land Rover version. I might be fitting one of those.

I'd personally avoid the tire carrier. Really, why? Unless you must have the "look." It gets in the way and it's less safe. The tire underneath hasn't cause me any grief -- no "hang ups"... in fact, it might help sometimes... as a bump/slide protector. :D I guess if you use off-road tires that won't fit in the normal space, you have no choice... but I'd probably throw it up on a roof rack before doing that. Personal choice, of course.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spare tire should be on the hood;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635