Front Skid Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these?

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not me...and this is one skid plate I figured on skipping. We already have a plastic shield there on the LR3. I know it's just plastic, but you'd have to hit something pretty hard for it not to do the trick. ...that said, I have in fact "lost" this plastic piece twice while offroad, so for me this might be a good idea because some of the places where the plastic fasteners install have been compromised.

Also the radiator skidplates seem a little bit overkill to me, especially for the money. Look at the area they are protected...small and tucked away. It would have to be a pretty special boulder in a pretty awkward scenario to actually hit that part.

I will probably purchase the T-case plate soon...

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, the radiator plates are a bit overpriced. The front plate I like because there is a
hole in front for the tow point so I don't have to keep taking it off on the trail. The plastic one has lasted 2 years but is pretty chewed up now.

Last edited:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them (I think I do, mine are from British Pacific). Pricey, but worth it. I recently took mine all off and pounded them flat again. They were worked pretty hard :)

111357932_9fzDm-M.jpg

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, think I will pull the trigger on this one.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Nathan, did you buy all your plates at once or a piece at a time?
Hopefully I can install the front plate without the others until I consider
whether I need them or not.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought three of the 4. I did not buy the radiator guards. The last plate, (the largest one) is the only one that bothers me a bit. It traps the exhaust noise up into the cabin, but it really does provide exceptional protection.

They do not interfere with the rock sliders at all.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nathan, it's really not fair that you get to go out and have all the fun and get all the great pics !

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished install, pretty easy. Now I don't have to take plastic off before each
trip.

Last edited:

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That plastic guard on the front is/was such a POS. I knocked mine off constantly. Plus, you had to take it off to access the front tow hook. The BP version has worked great ever since. A must add-on if you're off roading a lot.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo