front tow hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dose anyone make a front reese style tow hitch for the lr3
found one but it is in the uk

AdvRide

Reaction score
If your considering towing the LR3 behind a camper I think the manual states don't do it if I recall correctly. I don't have it in front of me but I would research that before doing such.

Trynian

Reaction score
dose anyone make a front reese style tow hitch for the lr3
found one but it is in the uk

I have been looking for a front reciever for it with no luck either so far.

Might have to do a custom job.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would be nice to move trailers around, can always drop a winch in as well

Trynian

Reaction score
would be nice to move trailers around, can always drop a winch in as well

Yes, I would use it for a winch. I would like to design one that hides behind the license plate holder so it is only seen when needed.

The european one could work but it might drag in low clearance situations off road.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your considering towing the LR3 behind a camper I think the manual states don't do it if I recall correctly. I don't have it in front of me but I would research that before doing such.
To clarify on that, the manual reccommends a maximum flat tow of 30 miles w/ max speed 30 mph, gearbox in neutral.
Problem is you have to put the trans in neutral during this tow, so the t-box is getting driveline pressure. To do a proper flat tow like we used to do, you would need to put the t-box in neutral. Unfortunately, LR3 doesn't have a neutral position.
I think you guys have some cool ideas on that front receiver.
I'm done interupting this thread.
Dave

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're not alone. I've been thinking (but not too hard) about some sort of double hitch receiver system up front for a brush bar/winch combo.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90