Front valve block leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front valve block on the air suspension is leaking. Talked to my Indy about it and he made it seem like it's just a matter of a few orings on the fittings. Is this a tough DIY job?

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can give me a week or two, I'm about to replace mine and I can write up a tutorial or something. I ordered a new block online for around $160 and plan to replace mine (it's actually a fairly simple DIY), then tear the old one apart and write up as much detail as I can about how to refurb it. I did see another post online where somebody else did something similar, but I'd like to try to provide detail on o-ring sizes, more info on the voss connectors which continue to confuse me, etc.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That'd be super if you could do that, I'd be forever in debt lol.

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's easy, we just did this "on the trail" up in Oregon on my buddy's LR4. I would get a new valve block and spend 20-30 minutes swapping it out. You have to move part of the front skirt in the wheel well out of the way and then it's just unscrewing or disconnecting the hoses depending on what you want to do.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you go in OR? I have yet to see an LR4 on a trail that wasn't of the dealership wheels event "manicured" variety. Good on him.

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We did route 3 of the Oregon backcountry discovery trail. There were 9 trucks, 7 were LR3/4's. They all did very well except for the valve block issue. I took my wife's LR4 as it would have been a really long drive in the 110 when the temps got over 115F [emoji83][emoji91]Fortunately he had installed the Green Oval emergency air up kit so we kept him off the bump stops and could drive to town to order the part. It was a trip through our club, Northern Cal Land Rover nclrclub.org
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436377833.595580.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436378029.396094.jpg

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did he have to pull EAS fuses after the emergency air-up or does I work full-time once enabled?

Also, how was the trail? I'm thinking about an Overlanding trip in that area next year; maybe starting in Bend and ending in Corvallis.

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No fuses needed to be pulled. It plumbs into the OEM air system and we used his compressor to inflate each corner.
The trip was good. I didn't do the planning so I don't know if our options were limited to developed camp sites but that's where we stayed all but one night. The trail was good, pretty. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436390578.440209.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436390613.941408.jpg

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks cool. I love that part of the world. Okay I think we saw that system a few years ago but no one on the LR3 forum ever actually installed it.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the code read, it's a C1130, so that's pretty generic. Where should I start spraying soapy water to look for a leak? Does anyone have pictures of the valve blocks to spray? Where are they located?

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112