Front valve block leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it into the shop and the rubber boots/bladders on the air struts up front are leaking. So getting new boots sometime next week or so when he can get the parts in.

Trynian

Reaction score
As far as the the emergency air up system, yes you can use it without pulling a fuse because the system has faulted out usually and is non-operable.

In some cases if the fault is related to the compressor or reserve tank. Filling the springs may cause to the fault to clear and then re-fault and release the air again.

In my case when I have used the emergency air up I always pull the fuse just for assurance that it will be locked down.

The valve blocks are easy to change and not worth rebuilding accept to have a backup.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CMB6S:
Did you ever complete the project you mentioned in July? A complete write-up on replacing the air valve block? Curious because I was reading this today and thought it would be good info to have stored to refer to.
Thanks!

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly, not yet. Had a visit from my wife's family and needed the 7-seater car to be up and operational the weekend that I had planned to work on it. Since it's not lengthy or difficult, I'm hoping to do it this Saturday while helping a friend replace his window regulator. Will report back when done.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to get out and replace the valve block this past weekend. I did a write up and was trying to post it here, but couldn't seem to link properly to external images and the max resolution for images on this site is 600x600 px, so I opted to do my writeup on a less restrictive forms (hint - landroverforums). Sorry, but the restrictions on this site frustrate me. Hope you can find it and that it helps whydahdvr.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really good write up. I'm going to start looking for a slow leak in my system, settles on all four corners after a few days. Not sure where to start, have to read up some more. Question, why do you need new voss connetors? I missed that.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just double checking the title of the article. Thanks!

EAS Front Valve Block Disassembly

As far as replacing the voss connectors, I'm pretty sure that you are required to replace these particular connectors every time you disconnect and reconnect the air hose. I'm not sure how necessary that really is, but I certainly destroyed one of my voss connectors just tinkering with it.

FYI, the new valve blocks come with new connectors, so if you are replacing, then this isn't a concern at all.

I think the best method to try and save your old connectors would be the following:

1. Unscrew voss connectors from valve block (will still be attached to the hoses at this point)
2. Push each hose further into the voss connector (this will separate the brass compressor washer from the main connector)
3. Use a small flathead screwdriver or something similar to wedge in the washer split and open the brass washer up a little bit.
4. Carefully wiggle and twist and try to remove that stupid washer
5. After the washer is removed, simply pull the hose straight out. Clean the o-ring, wedge the brass washer back into the backside of the connector and you just might be good to go with them again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink