Fuel Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USMC3051

Reaction score
Hello community,
I have a 04 RR and I'm trying to change the fuel filter, I have the fuel line disconnect tools but can't seem to get the lines off, is there anything I'm doing wrong, anything that you can recommend to make this easier, or maybe I'm just using the tools wrong, any advice would be much appreciated thank you.

illanrob

Reaction score
I have a 2001 4.6HSE, did you do anything special to remove the fuel filter. I may have to do the same with mine.

USMC3051

Reaction score
I used the plastic fuel line quick disconnect tool, don't let quick fool u it took tym and they only work on two lines the 3rd line I had to use a pick set be carful not to puncture the line n the fourth one is a rubber hose jus pulls of, do when tank is empty so ur not swimming in fuel, it is a pain even the techs at the dealership said they hate doing it so good luck if u need more help let me know I'll do my best

Also just curious y r u changing the fuel filter??

illanrob

Reaction score
Fuel filter maintenance cycle

I only had the car for 4 years and seldom drive in it. Have yet to see the fuel filter maintenance cycle on LR. From your description the filter does not appear to be in high the engine compartment, where the amount of fuel in the tank should not a factor in changing the fuel filter.

The car may still have the original fuel filter and I usually replace fuel filters every 100Kmi on my other cars.

Last edited:

USMC3051

Reaction score
Well u have a 2000 so it may differ from my 04 but on the 04 it's on the rear left near the tire in an access panel n no the tank being full or not dosent matter the filte jus tends to have more fuel in it if it is full

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo