Fuel Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
In the morning when I first start the rover, I get a slightly rough idle and when I drive for the frist 2min I get a very very slight loss of power just for a millasecond, just enough to notice, almost like the fuel cutout.

After that it runs fine

Last time I experienced this on a Jeep it was a clogged fuel filter. Are the rovers easily accesable?

I just drove 2000 miles and ran 2 bottles of techron and used chevron the entire way, this is why I think I clogged the fuel filter full of junk after the cleaning.

FWIW I was getting 14.5mpg on the highway, after a two bottles of techron and six tanks of chevron I am now getting 19mpg freeway / 16.5 If I run through the mountains with the A/C on.

Thanks

Justin

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like something is preventing pressure build up in the fuel system. This could be the fuel filter, the fuel pressure regulator, or the fuel injectors could be leaking causing the fuel rail to rust and prevent pressure build up. You could clean off the idle regulator located next to the plenum. That would be my first guess. Sometimes the cables running to these parts can be folded pretty hard. Try straightening them out if this is the case. Just a few ideas...

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Sounds good, I'm going to go with the easy / cheap fix first, the fuel filter. It so slight that I doubt its anything major.

Thanks

Justin

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a D1, fuel filter is located to the front side of the left rear wheel, in the wheelwell. There's a cheap(ish) Bosch replacement that's available at any discount-type parts store, so don't worry about stopping by the dealer. :biggrin:

After the filter, check fuel pump and your gasoline (although I doubt it, it could have some condensation in it that caused the brief hesitation). Maybe run a can of Heet or equivalent through and see if that helps.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I bought my disco at about 87000 miles, I don't think my fuel filter was EVER changed. That was one of the first things I did.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72