fuel pump sender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckjoiner

Reaction score
i`ve read all the posts about the issue of my fuel guage not working, so i bought a used 2003 complete fuel pump which was working perfectly before being removed from the donar vehicle. my fuel guage still dosn`t work and i have checked the fuse in the under steering wheel fuse box, so... is there anything else anyone has found to be the cause of this common problem that can fix this please.
just out of intrest i read on my rave landrover cd that the top half(fuel sender) can be removed without haveing to remove all the pump, also the little circuit board that the float rubs agianst is easily removeable so are they available to buy from dealers?
its really ******* me off now that i`m scared the wife is gonna run out of petrol in the middle of no-where and expect me to go and rescue her!
please can anyone help??????????????/

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds more like a wiring issue... check all the connections between the fuel pump and the guage (as best you can), check for corrosion or bad connections.

Or as and Old cheif in the Navy used to tell me... perform a light bulb test... disconnect from the pump and send voltage down the line put a bulb on the other end and if it doesn't light up... you got a wiring issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99