FYI: Water in center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We usually hit the forums when have problems with the car or of the sorts, so here is an FYI that may help someone in the future.

Last week I forgot to close the sunroof and left the car out in the driveway, not a good idea when you live in Seattle. It poured that night - surprise! surprise! The whole front driver and passenger areas were soaked including all the water in the center console.

The only fault the car threw was the EPB. The Yellow light was constantly on and the Red EPB flashed constantly. The EPB won't work or engage as you would expect with that fault.

Considering everything else worked I wasn't too worried about it. Although pulled the car in the garage attempting to dry the carpets etc as much as I could. And then the same weekend drove the car to mountains, went snowboarding and what not with the EPB fault still on.

After some drives and natural drying the EPB fault went away on its own and the brakes do engage. So even after all that, water in the electronics, wet center console the car remained derivable and cleared her faults by herself. I plugged the scanner and it confirms no faults.

I pulled open the center console to further dry it from the inside just in case. Everything seemed to be fine and intact and no visible damage to anything.

The End.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112