Gas Tank Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W

w6000

I have been to my dealer four times since October to request the replacement of the gas tank. Each time they have told me that they have no replacement tanks. So I asked them if they have done any of the replacements. They said that they have not done one of the replacements. I found this very hard to believe. Would somethin like this be covered under the Lemon Laws, since they have not fixed the problem.

L

LR3Dude

I live in Northern Virginia and my LR3 HSE tank was replaced 1/19. I "only" had to wait two weeks for an appointment. Offered a Enterprise rental car but I skipped it since it's usually some compact car. I did get a full tank of gas but no other freebies. Folks on the forums indicate dealers can offer some freebies up to $100. Since it's NHSTA recall, I don't think lemon laws apply (laws vary by state), unless they keep replacing your gas tank :) I would follow the guidance in the recall letter regarding how much fuel to put in the potentially defective tank since it's a safety issue.

L

lr3socal

Same here, I waited about 2 weeks for the gas tank, but no full tank of gas or a sorry for the problem. We got a loaner since it took 2 days to fix.

W

w6000

I guess my question is since this is a NHTSA recall, is there a time limit on how long Land Rover has to fix the problem?

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
w6000 said:
I have been to my dealer four times since October to request the replacement of the gas tank. Each time they have told me that they have no replacement tanks. So I asked them if they have done any of the replacements. They said that they have not done one of the replacements. I found this very hard to believe. Would somethin like this be covered under the Lemon Laws, since they have not fixed the problem.
Hi W600 I have a couple of questions

1 have you recived the recall notice yet.

2 have you had any of the symptoms ie: gas smell, check engine msg, hesitation.

3 Are you sure your vehicle falls into the recall range

Link for the recall...you can read all docs (pdf ) pertaining to it

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/results.cfm

HTH
Cheers
John in NE Ohio

W

w6000

JohnKel said:
Hi W600 I have a couple of questions

1 have you recived the recall notice yet.

2 have you had any of the symptoms ie: gas smell, check engine msg, hesitation.

3 Are you sure your vehicle falls into the recall range

Link for the recall...you can read all docs (pdf ) pertaining to it

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/results.cfm

HTH
Cheers
John in NE Ohio

yes to all the questions. I got the recall notice four months ago.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge