Generic fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lsawicki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am planning on replacing my fuel pump as a preventive measure with a generic version (Airtex 3240) and was wondering if anybody has had any experience replacing their classic with a generic one as well (I've been reading up on this at http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetails/fuelpump.htm#official)? I'm not particularly experienced with replacing major parts (I've done hose and belt replacements, oxygen sensor replacement, power steering hose), but I'm good at figuring things out...anything important I need to know when rewiring a generic pump? Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I have not personally done the job yet... (I plan to rebuild my old pump) the instructions you have posted are about the best I have seen... I may have something different, but it is on my Home Desktop, and since I currently do not have a home that I live in anyways... I can't get to that info.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99