Getting Sirius in an 05 LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VooDude

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a newb to the forum and LR3 ownership. I've been trying to research the best way to get Sirius into my 05 LR3. I see a lot of opinions but most say to go to the AUX port instead of going the FM route. What cabling are you using to connect to the AUX port. I've heard that there are "Sirius Specific" cables/adapters that work better than the iPod adapters. Any experience or thoughts??

Thanks for your help,
Sam

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Wish I could help but my 08 has it installed. Best of luck with your search.

trackstar

Reaction score
My 06 has it installed also, but in my experience with other cars, the aux port is without a doubt the way to go (FM xmitter sucks). Just go to radio shack and pick up the cable, $10.

VooDude

Reaction score
. . . . so, I haven't had a chance to look yet. Sirius shows a simple 1/8" to dual RCA jack cord. Are there RCA jacks on the back of the head unit to access the AUX function?

Thanks,
Sam

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe not so oddly if the kinder are controlling the Aux input for music or games using the HSE headphone control pads while parents listen on the speakers to their music using head unit tuner, CD or tape . . . don't know, mine are still way too young for this but it's a thought.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM