Good cleaner for leather on seats and doors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried the off-the-shelf leather cleaners by Meguir's and Armor All and they don't seem to do anything for dark stains on my seats. For example, the tan leather below the window of the driver's side door gets dark grease on it from mechanics or possibly body oils.

Has anyone found anything that can get this off?

I figure anything that can clean the door will probably work on similar stains on seats.

Thanks!

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use regular saddle soap and apply it with a brush as I do on my shoes, my interior is black so I hardly notice the stains tho...

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find those Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponges (from the household cleaning aisle in grocery stores) work great! They work on the leather seats too but don't get too aggressive. I have not tried them on black, only tan in my Disco and LR3.

My dogs really embedded their slober and dirt into the rear headrests of our Disco and nothing I could find (including expensive leather cleaners) worked to get it out. I finally said the hell with it and used the erasers and whola, they came clean.

I went really ******* the Disco seats to try and get some embedded dirt in some spots and initially I felt the color changed and I got worried I messed them up, but after a few minutes they dried and looked normal. I suppose at some point you can scour the leather hard enough to discolor it, so be judicious with them, but they do work like magic!

Last edited:

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lexol works great on the seats, use a boars hair brush on tough stuff. For the door panels, try Surf City garage interior cleaner, with a brush. It works way better than Meguire's or anything like that. Sometimes Walmart has it, but might have to order it online.

Or try anything from this site, I've never used any of these products but they should be pretty good.
http://www.autogeek.net/rubbervinyl.html

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find those Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponges (from the household cleaning aisle in grocery stores) work great! They work on the leather seats too but don't get too aggressive. I have not tried them on black, only tan in my Disco and LR3.

Wow! Would never have through of those, I'll give them a try.

Lexol works great on the seats, use a boars hair brush on tough stuff. ...
Thanks for the multiple Lexol tips. I had used it in the past, without luck. But I didn't use a brush and it's possible I used only the conditioner (which claims on the label it also cleans). I'll try the pair if the magic eraser doesn't work.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...my seats are black so my opinion in Lexol isn't of much value.

Trynian

Reaction score
I use the Connolly leather cleaner LR recommends, works great. Can order a concentrate on Amazon that has lasted me for about 5 years. Same maker as the conditioner LR recommends as well that you can get on Amazon.

I have tan seats and (3) 6 year old kids so they do get worked over pretty well.

Last edited:

dj_karl

Reaction score
I use Lexol quick wipes to remove stains and grime on the leather.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112