Gushing sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonking

Reaction score
There is a gushing sound (like running water) coming from the dashboard of my 2001 Disco SE7 whenever I accelerate. Has anybody had this problem?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Your low on anti-freeze.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey is absolutey right, however in my case it was a little more complicated than that. You probably have a small leak some where in the cooling system, so when the system is cooling off after you dirve it is sucking in air through the leak. This air alway s seems to get traped in the heater core under the dash. I was able to get rid of it by unhooking the heater hoses (the one that run from the enigine to the firewall) and then hooking a garden hose to the lower heater hose by using a hose barb that fit onto the garden hose. (these are available at home depot as a replacement end) Then turn the water on slowly and flush the air out of the core. then reconnect the heater hoses as quickly as possible to keep the core full. I haven't had a problem since, ( I never did find the leak, hopefully it's not into the cylinder). It just seems like for some reason the air traps in the heater core and it is a pain to get out. You could have the system flushed by a shop but I was afraid a pressure flush would make my leak worse.

tonking

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I actually had the systen flushed by the dealer 2 years ago. Would you think there is a leak in the system? Thanks again.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If it says Land Rover on the vehicle it leaks a little bit of everything or it is empty.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99