H/K rattle fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rchase

Reaction score
With the help from an older post and some additional innovation I think this is the BEST fix for the classic H/k Logic 7 rattle. Basically removed the door panel, and all the work was done on the mid bass speaker that is attached to the door panel (this is the smaller of the two on the door panel and not the tweeter).From an older post I read that the small mid bass causes all the rattle which is true. So in addition to melting the tabs that I simply grabbed a hot glue gun and put maybe 6-10 small blots of glue in areas that i pointed out with the arrows. AMAZING difference. took maybe 1 hr max.

photo-2.JPG

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good work on figuring that out I need to do that also

rchase

Reaction score
That is 1hr max to do both front doors. I have not ventured to the rears yet

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you also post a pic with arrows pointing to all the mounting hardware for the door panel, if there is any.. I know from pulling the door panels off of my F-250, there are some hidden screws. None of those cheap christmas tree, push in deals.

rchase

Reaction score
there are 8 screws. one behind the door knob, one behind the Land Rover emblem on the door, two obvious ones on the bottom left and right of the door then the tricky 4 are behind the door handle. To get the door handle off separate it it the crease by pulling it apart at the bottom. Then you have the bottom part snapped apart and there are two more snaps on the top part. These are delicate but if you press in on the handle and slightly pull up they will come loose fairly easy. Then there are 4 screws behind that. The rest is just snaps, wires and such. There is a door lock wire, look how it is attached so you reattach it properly then pretty much just do a careful yank on the wire while holding the door panel. I cant find where I found the write up and pictures.. I think i googled it but its very easy. take you a few minutes.

rchase

Reaction score
also when you are putting the screws back in the top 6 are all fool proof but dont torque those bottom left and right ones in hard. It will rip through your door panel. I have a De Walt drill and basically just set the torque on it to like 5 or 6 fairly low and il was perfect.

rchase

Reaction score
And on a final note, everyone should do this. Its literally amazing the difference. Wow am I happy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM