Hardwire Valentine 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

schafari

More pics of the install.

Attachments

• IMG_2400.jpg
    IMG_2400.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2401.jpg
    IMG_2401.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2421.jpg
    IMG_2421.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 53
  • LR3 Front Bel Install1.JPG
    LR3 Front Bel Install1.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited by a moderator:
A

Amir

just getting into the radar thing now. what are your reccomendations. and i am ok with using the cigarette lighter source.

S

schafari

Due to the nature of the LR3, in my opinion only, there is just no good place for a normal radar detector with good mounting. I have run top of the line radar detectors in all my vechiles for many years. Velcro to dash all hard wired. Match the flat dash and no cords, and it looked slick. However, in the LR3, the dach doesn't have a flat surface.

I would highly reccomend the remote install detectors if the following apply: you can do the install yourself, or you are not as concerned with the money and can have it installed at a very high quality shop. The install is everything. I did mine myself as I have had many years automotive/electronics experience. It needs to be done right. Gaskets, looms, grommets, etc. I would never save mony on a cheaper install if you have it done. Go to the best shop in town.

I did a ton of research in my purchase decision. It basically came down to two choices. The Bel Remote Pro Plus 75, and the one made by ******, I believe SR7. I got the Bel wiht the remote speaker, remote LEDs, remote mute/vol. . .

The LR3 is a relatively difficult vehicle to work on. Or, I have zero experience with trucks, and years with VW/Audi products so that might explain it. I would reccomend that you study the wiring diagrams and chose the best power source for what you want. I did not want it on the same wire as the lighter, as I have a couple of other things running on that. I went to the fuse box itself. Also, don't forget proper fusing on any install.

M

mbc

schafari - you are *********! (nt)

A bit too much for me. I'll be attempting my hardwire this weekend. My goal is to leave body parts on the truck!

mbc

S

schafari

You would be absolutely shocked how easily body parts come off this truck.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, especially when driving on the freeway. Oh wait, that was our Discovery... :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9