Have Parts Prices Gone Up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all - our LR3 HSE bought a few months ago is my first non-German car.

Doing my due diligence and researching fixes, buying parts, performing services etc. - so far so good - thanks to all the existing DIYs found here (and elsewhere).

In my searches, the posted prices for most parts (from even just a few years ago) seem to be HALF (or more) of what they cost now. Example: EAS Height Sensors were ~$45 in 2013, now $100+, also the stop lamp switch was ~$12, now $35+.

Have all of you long-time owners noticed price increases across the board?
Am I missing something, or am I just late to the game? :confused:

Thanks,

Trynian

Reaction score
Yes, there was a substantial increase a couple years ago. One way to save some money on a few things is to check the part as it may be a Ford part and the part number is usually on it somewhere, then call Ford. Sometimes I get them for 30% less. It does not work for everything as there are a few Ford parts on the vehicle that are specific to European vehicle and configured different to their NA counterparts.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was this price increase pervasive throughout the model line-up? ...or does it have to do with the fact that the LR3 is no longer in production? I'm worried about supplying spares in a decade or so. I plan on keeping this puppy forever.

Trynian

Reaction score
Was this price increase pervasive throughout the model line-up? ...or does it have to do with the fact that the LR3 is no longer in production? I'm worried about supplying spares in a decade or so. I plan on keeping this puppy forever.

Same here, planning to keep it as the family adventure vehicle and get a new one for daily.

As I recall the price increase was across the board on all makes and models.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I have 121k miles on mine and I only put about 5k miles/year on these days. I really could keep it forever. I also am moving from more technical wheelin' to more overlanding and/or adventure driving.

I don't plan on having two Rovers though. If I ever got a FFRR or Defender, it would be because I traded in the LR3 for it. Which would be really tough to do after everything I've done in the LR3.

If anything I'd get rid of our Infiniti Q50S in 8 years and get a C63 AMG. :)

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoot darn

Was there any warning?
Explanation?

...other than the obvious :argh:

I too plan on keeping this thing as long as possible .. Unless something drastic happens. Owned it for less than 2 months, already replaced the battery, metal trans pan upgrade (old one leaked), and have a suspension leak and compressor to rebuild.

And I absolutely love it. I'm weird. :hello:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...not weird at all. Fairly common sentiment amongst Rover owners, especially the people that frequent this message board, as we are enthusiasts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM