Hay Hay!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

RoverBabe

Hey Yall ... Im Lauren.... obviosuly new. :hello:

Well, im very intrested in buying a Rover. Im not sure wether a discovery or range yet. I was involved in a serious accident, totaling my previous car. The insurance company will soon be sending my check to buy another vehicle.
Ive come to the conclusion that i have always loved these vehicles.
I was wondering if i could get some feed back on both (discovery and range)... Reliability, Safety, Pricing, Accessorie, Personal Dislikes and likes. :biggrin:

Much Appreciation

......and i noticed RoverCHic ... i used to live in Norman, OK... OU WOOT! :wavey:

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Lauren,

You are about to enter a very cool community with a Rover. I love Range Rover Classics (pre-93) and drive a 97' Disco right now. I love it. I bought it because parts are generally cheaper, and it had a lot less miles on it. Anyway, you can't really go wrong with a rover. I gues it all depends on how much $$$ you want to spend and what you are going to do with it....

R

RadRocker

Welcome Lauren!! Let us know if we can do anything to help you find a Rover. Ask all the questions you want!

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RoverBabe said:
Ive come to the conclusion that i have always loved these vehicles.
I was wondering if i could get some feed back on both (discovery and range)... Reliability, Safety, Pricing, Accessorie, Personal Dislikes and likes. :biggrin:
On the question of reliability:
My first Discovery was a 2000 Series II. I bought it with approx. 34,000 miles on it, but the dealer threw in a 6 year/100,000 mile warranty (so very worth it - it was fully transferable, and when I sold it without transferring the warranty Land Rover corporate sent me a check for the remainder of the warranty). Never had a major expense other than buying tires. My next Discovery was (and still is) a 2004 SE7 (I tried to find an HSE7 that had everything I wanted, but there were none that exactly matched my requirements in the entire western US - I could have ordered one, but decided to "settle" for my SE7 [the only options it does not have are the Harman Kardon stereo and the HSE badge on the fender]). When I went to pick it up from the dealer it had two things wrong - a problematic air suspension hose that had to be replaced and a malfunctioning O2 sensor (weird that it had these problems before even having 10 miles on the odometer). Obviously both were fixed immediately (in fact, we found these problems before I took delivery and I took a loner Discovery home for 2 more days). The dealer threw in a "Premium Member Maintenance" contract for my troubles.
To summarize, I have had a few "weird" problems, but the customer service at my dealer has far exceeded all of my expectations.

On the question of safety:
We sometimes get quite a bit of snow here in Utah. Last winter I had to take my son to see his doctor, but my wife was out shopping and had the Land Rover. What usually takes 25 minutes to drive took me almost 2 hours in my Nissan Maxima (because of the snow storm and snow drifts). I was scared to death the entire slippery drive (got stuck 3 times on the way in). After finishing up at the doctor's office, I tried leaving the parking lot only to find that I was hopelessly stuck. I called my wife to come "rescue" us. The Land Rover's stock 4-wheel drive system is the most advanced in the world. In the Land Rover, it only took us 30 minutes to get home. I have also taken my "older" Land Rover all over Moab, and it climbs like nothing in the world. I have a few pictures in my gallery showing just a fraction of what a Land Rover is capable of.
Other safety features include a fully enclosed ladder frame (instead of the usual "C" shaped frame, it is a full box - very rigid/strong for both off-roading as well as in case of any serious accident), low center of gravity (this suprises most, since they often look very top heavy), dual airbags, and a sensor that will shut the flow of fuel off in case of a roll over (has to be reset after the vehicle "attitude" has been corrected before the fuel will flow again).

On the question of likes/dislikes:
-love the off-road prowess/capabilities
-love the strength of the vehicle
-love the heritage
-love the customer service
-love the look
-love the safety of the vehicle
-dislike the towing capabilities, but it IS a short wheel-based SUV
-dislike the leg room "problem", I am 6'4" and this always matters to me

Since I have been going on for quite awhile, I will stop now. Feel free to ask more specific questions - I am always glad to answer what I can. The one thing to remember is this:
I bought my Land Rovers for their off-road capabilities and level of luxury. There are faster, more comfortable, luxury vehicles out there, but none of them can even come close the being able to do what a Land Rover can. :proud:

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Hay there Girl! Rover's Rule !! And Boomer Sooner Baby!! LSU ?? ITS PAYBACK TIME ..............

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Troy - quite a bit? I tried to visit me mom for las X-mas, and i had to drive via Salt Lake... IT WAS NOT FUNNY. And i am from Siberia , and always thought our roads are pretty scary/badly cleaned in winter. I never been so terrified (by driving) in my life as in those 2 days that i got to drive past Salt Lake City and then on way back.. And i never seen roads been cleaned so badly too - in comparition to those roads in Novosibirsk (me hometown) are like sqeaky clean for entire winter.
It was last time i took me XTerra on road trip in winter. Driving only Rover on those occasions now.

Oh and Lauren - if you planning/got kids - get Disco. Lill' ones absolutely love sitting in rear there - greatest view off all them SUVs. They never getting bored. As of rest - its just matter of preference. I , personally, more like disco looks, as its more unique, IMHO. Engines are about same, reliability is about same. RR is a bit more on luxury side, Disco trying to fill niche tad bit below, but drifting towards luxury lately. Unfortunately.

Last edited:
R

RoverBabe

Thanks Yall.. i do have a few more questions.
I am 18, so no i don't have any little ones nor do i plan on having any for years =)

The discos are v8 engines. How is the gas mileage? Im not looking for anything outstanding. Gas prices down here in Baton Rouge/ New Orleans are around 1.77 for low end gas. What does the Rovers call for?

Also, i have rode in a few discos before and they are noticibly top heavy. Has anyone had any problems with this?

Thanks 4 all the help.

Lauren

(LSU OWNED OU ... hehe ! )

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM