Hay Hay!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

Cozmo

Where y'at?

Hey RoverBabe what part of LA are you in? I'm in Metairie.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(1) They get anywhere from 13-19 mpg, which works out (for me) to about 320 miles per tank (23 gal. gas tank)

(2) They are not top heavy trucks. They are tall, relatively short wheel-based vehicles with flexy springs from the factory. They are top heavy compared to cars, but all SUVs are. These (Discos, I mean) are 6000 pound trucks with most of the upper half (i.e., above the hood line) constituted of glass.

As for the football, I'll let you ladies argue over these flash-in-the-pan programs :biggrin:

Andy

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Land Rover's need brake pads every 25K-30K miles. Which can average out @ your local tire store to be around 200.00--500.00 (or a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes :smile: ). Depending on who you go to. Unless you can change your own then that is about 49.99 and 2 hours labor. If you do not drive much than that is great. No need for pads. If I were to give any female advice on a LR get a warranty (just search thru and find some of my posts --Like Big Trouble) . Good Luck I hope you find the LR of your dreams !!

As far as the football goes we (OU) were simply tired of being # 1 . Its lonely @ the top ... :rofl:
Best,
Melissa
P.S. HEY MOOSE .. FLash in the Pan ???

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL -- I was talking more about LSU, although....

OU was great in the 40's and 50's, then again in the 80's, and for the past couple of years. They're not exactly the Fighting Irish (one bad season notwithstanding), though. :biggrin:

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lauren - at 18 there are 2 things to remember then :
- discos are known to be guys magnet (as oppose to other vehicles)
- its bloody heavy thingy to drive, so watch them corners :)

Seriously though - for California, if you think of Rover (either RR or D) to be your daily driver - think twice. Unfortunately they arent very easy on petrol, so if you drive few hours a day - it would be comfy drive, but pricey.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RoverBabe said:
Gas prices down here in Baton Rouge/ New Orleans are around 1.77 for low end gas. What does the Rovers call for?
Not sure on the D1's, but the D2's and RR's call for premium unleaded gasoline. What it really comes down to is that you can run on the lowest grade gas as long as it is not making your engine knock.

Personally, I run 91 octane (the highest grade we have here in Utah).

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
I found 93 Octane .. The Rover has ran much better since I switched from 89 to 93. Of course, it runs about 1.98 per gallon.
Moose you forgot to add the 70's too ... "Switzer Time"

Last edited:

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RoverChic said:
I found 93 Octane .. The Rover has ran much better since I switched from 89 to 93. Of course, it runs about 1.98 per gallon.
1.98 a GALLON!!! I am paying 2.11 for 87 crap at COSTCO!

bhodisatva

Reaction score
You guys think you got it tough, try paying £4.00 - £5.00 per gallon.

R

RoverBabe

Thanks everyone.

Well LA for me is Louisiana, and today i put 93 octane in my b/fs car today (only $1.94) yippie!

1080520IM000985.JPG
:argh:

and this is the reason for wanting a serious SUV.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM