Head and tail lamp guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lazerbrains

Reaction score
I have just ordered the rear lamp guards, and they apparently need you to drill some holes behind the tail lights for them to attach. That is fine, if I ever want to take them off, those holes will be hidden.

However, I just received the front lamp guards, and their instructions seem to have me drilling into the fender (in plain sight) on the side of the car, behind the headlight/blinker!?!? Is this for real? I am not quite sure, because the instructions only have pictures, and the ones on these particular steps aren't really clear where to be drilling. (And of course, there is no written language on the instructions) Has anyone else installed these? Does it permanently blemish your vehicle, just for lamp guards?

gruodiz

Reaction score
I bought 2nd hand Freelander in EU /LR2 with rear guards in place and front removed so for sure fronts has 2 holes on each fender, what I really don't like. Removed rears and the holes hides now but can be seen on the tail light when trunk lid open. Now I have installed 2013 front signature lights, have new front bumper which needs to be repainted to my color. I'm also going to paint door bottoms and mirror tops to match new 2013 color scheme and most important what I want to do for both my front fenders is to weld the holes and partly repaint both fender and relaquer them.

Yes that's for sure, holes have to be drilled to front fenders and bumper to install headlight guards, sadly.

gruodiz

Reaction score
I bought 2nd hand Freelander in EU /LR2 with rear guards in place and front removed so for sure fronts has 2 holes on each fender, what I really don't like. Removed rears and the holes hides now but can be seen on the tail light when trunk lid open. Now I have installed 2013 front signature lights, have new front bumper which needs to be repainted to my color. I'm also going to paint door bottoms and mirror tops to match new 2013 color scheme and most important what I want to do for both my front fenders is to weld the holes and partly repaint both fender and relaquer them.

Yes that's for sure, holes have to be drilled to front fenders and bumper to install headlight guards, sadly.

gruodiz

Reaction score