Headlamp Bulb Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

Reaction score
Ok. How does anyone with average or larger size hands change the front passenger low beam headlight bulb? I have an '06 LR3 and need to replace it ASAP. I removed the back cover with the rubber gasket and disconnected the wiring harness. How do you get the bulb out? There kinda feels like there is a clip next to the bulb. Does this come into play? Does it just rotate counter clockwise about an 1/8th like most or something different?

Boy do I feel inept.

Trynian

Reaction score
Remove the entire fixture, it comes out really easy. Pop off the grill then there are 2 pull up tabs on either side of the light fixture

Sully

Reaction score
That's interesting. I would have thought it needed to be changed from the back without removing the front. Didn't realize the entire headlamp needed to be removed to replace the bulb.

Trynian

Reaction score
That's interesting. I would have thought it needed to be changed from the back without removing the front. Didn't realize the entire headlamp needed to be removed to replace the bulb.

That is because you are assuming it is a bigger deal to remove the whole fixture then just the bulb.

It is the easiest bulb change of any car I ever had.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whartonlax