Heated windshield retro-fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done or looked at retro-fitting a heated windshield on their LR3? It's the only feature I miss on my '05 HSE and when I spoke with Land Rover parts they gave me a horror story about new wiring looms etc etc that put me off big time.

Anyone done this or know the truth?

ChuckD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '01 Disco II had the wiring installed even though it did not have the heated glass. Same went for the heated seats. Don't think the LR3 is made that way as I have seen no extra connectors in the windscreen area.

ChuckD

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SII and LR3 - 2 different aniamals. LR was very helpful in the SII in that MOST cars could be retrofitted to heated glass and seats by adding the glass, and switches. Can you imagine that? under $100 and you have heated seats!
LR3, no such luck. On the glass, I haven't nailed down the harness, but I know the head has the button for the glass, and the relays and fuses run through the CJB, which is VIN specific. I have to wonder if heated glass needs to be added via IDS so the car recognizes the draw, and employs the proper charging strategy?
Maybe I'll have time and I'll dig deeper, but definately NOT a cut-and-dry operation.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's cool having such expertise here, thanks for contributing, davez26

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd