Height of Rover Cross bars vs. Thule/Yakima Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolf-otm

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea how much height the Thule or Yakima cross bars add to the LR4? I believe the LR4 is 6'6" with the factory cross bars. Just trying to figure out what would be lowest option. I need to carry stuff on the weekends but also need to park in city parking garages during the week. If possible, I would like to not have to put the cross bars on and off all the time.

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just measured my OEM cross bars. They add 3 3/4" to the height of the truck.

wolf-otm

Reaction score
thanks rainnm.

Does that mean they are 3 3/4" higher than the nav antenna or just 3 3/4" tall from the top of the roof rails?

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 3/4" is from the roof glass to the top of the cross bar.

IslandStyle

Reaction score
I have Whispbars installed on the factory long rail kit. They measure 4.5" at the highest point off the roof. These bars are awesome if you can spare the extra inch. They are so quiet at various speeds. Yakima just bought the company earlier this year. You can always lower your rig to access height and drive slowly in the parking garage.

good luck

wolf-otm

Reaction score
Thanks IslandStyle. I looked at the Whispbars as I heard good things but on the Yakima website it didn't look like they worked with the Rover rails. That website is a bit weak and my local REI is clueless on roof rack questions. How easy are the Whispbars to take on and off?

IslandStyle

Reaction score
Whispbars fit great on the OEM rail kit. My primary use is for my Thule Atlantis 1800 XT roof box. The Whispbars are very easy to get on/off. The key unlocks the hub, then you unscrew the knob. I take them off when I wash my rig. No big deal. I'll post a pic for you, if interested.

IslandStyle

Reaction score
Files are big, thus the separate posts.

Attachments

• DSC016111.jpg
    DSC016111.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics