Height Sensor Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are actually aftermarket companies already manufacturing these sensor arms, fully adjustable and made of billet aluminum, for a variety of cars (mostly sports car) equipped with EAS. One of them makes them for the RRS (they must be different on the LR3?), they are far from cheap and are billed as "lowering kits"... But it's probably only a matter of time before someone comes up with a version for the LR3 and starts selling it on eBay: http://www.adjustableairride.com/

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the new rods on today an am quite pleased. I have a couple questions for the guys
who already run these. What happens when you are in the new offroad height and
you get high centered? Does it still go into yet another extended mode. And from
this new extended mode is there still a manually activated new"super extended mode"??
I would think at this point the air bags would either top out or blow up.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read that there is still an "Extended Mode" but that then activating Super Extended Mode causes a suspension fault and bump stops. I will take that under advisement and will not be going into super extended mode ever. No need, really. I'm up pretty dang high with the mod and the 275/65s !!

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes! Now I remember. Manual super extended with rod mod..bad. Thanks for the
refresher Houm. I believe I will start shopping 275/65's as well. Really like your
M/T's, but I don't have a second set of wheels and tires to swap during road time.
Hope there is an AT tire in this size with a 3-ply sidewall.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duckdive check out the Cooper ST
Goodyear has just come out with 2 new styles of their MT one looks a little more road friendly

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Duckdive...I like 'em too! They are tough as nails and give me great traction off the pavement. Absolutely must run the sensor mod for them. Even with it I still rub sometimes...but it's just on the wheel well and on a smooth part and it's minor, not gonna tear anything. I don't have rear climate control so no worries for that ducting or wiring or whatever it is that runs through there.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duckdive check out the Cooper ST
Goodyear has just come out with 2 new styles of their MT one looks a little more road friendly

Yep, I saw that new MT/R and it looks cool. Duratrac was the other and it looks
better for the road but I think it is only 2-ply on the sidewalls. Maybe I'll wait a
little bit longer, it seems like they are coming out with new tire to fit our rigs
every couple of months. Thanks for the info everyone.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another look at the rig with the mod at-work. Check out the ground clearance!

Duck...this pic (posted on other threads) didn't do it for ya?

Last edited:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Houm, did you want to attach a pic to that last post? I still would like to see a clear
pic of how the MT/R looks on your rig.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the pic I originally tried to post:

Attachments

• LR3 Downhill_cropped.JPG
    LR3 Downhill_cropped.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 77

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads