Help my horn wont stop sounding?? Alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjqsmom

Reaction score
I just bought a 01 Discovery II on the 10th and last night the horn went off as a steady sound not like a alarm where it beeps. My remote would not stop it ,I even started it and the horn was still going off. I had to disconnect the battery and it finally went off. Reconnected the battery and it started again. Waited about 10 minutes and reconnected the battery and it was fine but when I closed a door it would let out a little beep. When I closed the hood it let out a little beep. Alarmed it again then about an hour later it did the same thing. Started it and the alarm/horn still went off but when I relaesed the hood and lifted it a little it stopped. Right now I manually locked all the doors and left the battery disconnect does any one have any idea what is wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks Celeste

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like either the horn button on the steering wheel/the plug going to the horn button is having issues, or the hood sensor is out of adjustment.

cjqsmom

Reaction score
Just a update. Reconnected battery and shut door and horn chirped then dropped hood and horn chirped again. So my husband pulled the horn relay and I was able to use the fob to lock and super lock the land rover. I did notice the flashing light in the dash flashed really fast when I locked it for about 10 seconds then went onto one flash every 10 seconds. Do you think I need to take it to the dealership or just leave the horn relay off.

Celeste

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Without the relay, you can't blow the horn for any reason. I still say it is the hood sensor, but could be the alarm ECU having issues.

cjqsmom

Reaction score
I know but not having the thing go off in the middle of the night and upsetting my complex I can live withoput a horn till I get to the dealer. My husband had the hood up and pushed the sensor down and he said it seemed to be working fine. So I guess I will have the bite the bullet and go to the dealership on Monday.

cjqsmom

Reaction score
UPDATE: went to the dealership and for 115 they told me they cant find anything wrong. Spent a total of 345 115 for horn dignostic, 115 for abs/tc/hdc and 115 for safety insp to see if anything else was wrong. shouldnt this all been one dignostic fee instead of 3?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like they think you have money to burn... the down side of most dealers.

vphanko

Reaction score
Horn constantly blows and random activation in the middle of the night

I just bought a 01 Discovery II on the 10th and last night the horn went off as a steady sound not like a alarm where it beeps. My remote would not stop it ,I even started it and the horn was still going off. I had to disconnect the battery and it finally went off. Reconnected the battery and it started again. Waited about 10 minutes and reconnected the battery and it was fine but when I closed a door it would let out a little beep. When I closed the hood it let out a little beep. Alarmed it again then about an hour later it did the same thing. Started it and the alarm/horn still went off but when I relaesed the hood and lifted it a little it stopped. Right now I manually locked all the doors and left the battery disconnect does any one have any idea what is wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks Celeste
Celeste, did you ever find out what was wrong with your Discovery? I have the same problem.

cjqsmom

Reaction score
No I never found out what was wrong with it. I just pulled the fuse and no longer have a horn. Sorry, I also noticed that the horn buttons in the steering wheel sometimes stick so make sure they sort of float within the space.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If your horn buttons stick than that is probably your horn issue.... Check out the video on how to change your horn buttons on my web site and see if that is your issue. Remove the old buttons, if the horn doesn't blow any more than it is the buttons sticking.

I sell replacement buttons on eBay if your interested as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72