HELP! Need to ID these wires...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmrivera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

For my '03 Disco HSE7, I purchased the LR trailer harness... It only has 5 wires coming out of the harness that is hidden behind the tail lamp... Can anyone help me identify the remaining wires that are not being used? What I really want to find out is where the other ends of these wires are located in the front of the vehicle and whether or not I can use these wires for a brake controller and a trailer battery charge line... This is the information I have so far...

On the Disco harness side; LR trailer connector side; function
black; white; ground
green w/purple stripe ; red ; brake lights
green w/white stripe ; green ; right turn signal
green w/black stripe ; black ; tail lights
green w/red stripe ; yellow ; left turn signal

unknown wire function on the Disco harness side:
red w/yellow stripe
green w/brown stripe
purple
red w/orange stripe

DSC05170.jpg

DSC05169.jpg

I know that the LR3 has a commercially availably connector that will allow for a brake controller to plug into a harness located underneath the dash, near the center console... Does the Disco have this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated... In the end, if I must, I will just run wires for the brake controller and the trailer battery charge line, but I want to avoid that if necessary...

Thanks,
Jonathan

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635