Help on a possible problematic LR3 purchase.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

em2b96p

Reaction score
Ok so this is my first post, although i have been lurking the forums gathering intel on the LR3.

I found a LR3 i like at Land Rover Harrisburg but upon further research i see somthing that may be a problem. I took a look at the carfax link they provide and it shows a detailed description of the service and repairs of this perticular truck.

If you read the report it shows multiple problems. The item that caught my eye is the A/C compressor was replaced 4 times. Also a 4 wheel alignment was done and then a 2 wheel alignment was done later down the road. the fuel filler door and wiper arm was replaced as well. To me this is starting to sound like an abused truck.

here is the link to the car fax report. http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=ATD_W&vin=SALAE25475A347185

Please tell me your opinions. Right now im not too confident buying this truck.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of that stuff is normal quirky stuff. The alignments are probably due the crappy
good-for-years on it. But the compressor thing I would definately check into. Anything
fixed once maybe ok, fixed four times look out!

Shark_LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is NOT the a/c compressor. that is the fargin' AIR Compressor for the suspension.

don't we know it. At least you'll get a good one.

pj

em2b96p

Reaction score
that is NOT the a/c compressor. that is the fargin' AIR Compressor for the suspension.

don't we know it. At least you'll get a good one.

pj

So this is a major problem then?

Is the $25,900 with 46,500mi price decent for this LR3?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seems high. You didn't say if it was an HSE or not, but that is a bit on the high side for a 2005 with 50k miles, unless it is Certified Pre-Owned and an HSE, then it seems okay on pricing.

The air compressor, alignment, fuel filler and wiper arm are all somewhat normal on this truck, done under warranty. Personally, that is a good sign that it's been serviced and maintained!

Shark_LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the air compressor is a problem for me yes, but not for you.

yeah i agree it looks like they were on top of it and spent some time at the dealer. used '05 go for around $23K up here so they should be less where you are at. all depends on colors, equipment and if you like it.

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
25,900 seems pricy for a 05, Look on ebay they have 06's for under 20,000. I just paid 3months ago 19000 for an 06 with under 20,000 mi certified in calif.
good luck.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is a major problem then?

Is the $25,900 with 46,500mi price decent for this LR3?

The price is high for an 05 with 46k miles on it. Even CPO'd that should be a bit lower with that mileage... just my two cents..

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid that much for a CPO 05 with 33k miles on it last spring, before gas prices went nuts and the economy cratered. Unless this is a loaded HSE that seems high.

em2b96p

Reaction score
2005 LR-3 SE-7 - In Bonatti Grey with Ebony Leathers - Seven Seating - Navigation - Park Distance Controls - Cold Climate Package - Xenon Lighting Package - 46,367 Miles - Prefect LR-3 - Complete with Land Rovers 6 Years or 75,000 Miles CERTIFIED WARRANTY -

It was serviced at willow grove and mainline Landrover here in PA. Im going to make sure the dealer checks these problem areas before i decide to sign papers. but all in all, i really like the dark grey color, but wished the interior was tan.

With the economy how it is and the fact noone is buying suv's, especially Land Rovers, what price point would be a resonable offer?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer