Help Us 99 disco @@ 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Furmando

Reaction score
I have a 99 Land Rover Disco II that registered a code 705 for Prindle Switch Trans Range Sensor. The first thing that appeared was the check service light with a Trans Range Sensor reading so I put in new plugs. It seemed to have gotton stronger but a day after it was running weaker again and a few days after again the M and S green lights came on and the electrical seemed to have an issue. I read in the manual that the M and S light are associated with the Electrical Gearbox possibly connected to the Transmission?? I took her to a transmission shop and thats when the code 705 appeared and also the gas seems to be eating up alot more now. I do have an issue with the Ace Modular Unit and Ace fluid and both seems not to be working properly but thats an issue I want to work on after the 705 reading. Now the lights on the shift (Drive, Park, 3, etc) was dimming and it would disappear after a while but now it seems to be back on. Can anyone make any sense of this? Best Regards, Furmando :creep:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Have your battery and alternator checked, I will bet on a bad battery.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want, send me your number and I'll walk you thru what to check.

Furmando

Reaction score
Autobahn Auto Serice???????Ahs

Ok So I brought my LR Dis 2 to Autobahn Auto Service and they told me there were no service codes and my the lines to the ace needed replaced and it would cost alot. A few minutes after i left the shop when i told them not do anywork the check engine light went on.iI also noticed later that a piece on top of the intake coolent gasket was cracked bazzar. I went to a local Autoserice parts store and ran for codes again and 5 codes appeared. I then had someone else change the sparkplug wires and the codes have not came back again. They said if it does it might be the Coil packs?? (Which i know I could get 2 for like 250.00 and put them in myself with a motor manual (if anyone knows how i can get a good diagram and manual to change the coil packs that would be wonderful eg.
I also brought a gas filter for $17.00 bucks and am having trouble locating the location of it underneath it? I am also going to change the batterry to see if that will make it stronger any suggestions on the best battery to use? For those that replied to my post already its been a Great help and thanks alot thus Fur.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The D2 manual can be downloaded via the Rave link in my signature and Mikes...

The D2 doesn't have a fuel filter, so return it.

Furmando

Reaction score
thanks

My went underneath the tank and there appeared to be two ports unpluged and not fitting to one another. Do you know where they could go to?? right to the front of the Tank i was going to take the tank down but decided to wait and hear what u guys had to say. Do you think that there is a part on the pump system thats gone bad that could be causing my gas miles to have been reduced and the early gas light gauge to appears at about an 1/8th of a tank? I dont want to have to replace the whole pump system? What should i do?????? thanks

:confused:

Furmando

Reaction score
Found the vacuum pipe connection on the left of the throtle body coolent gasket had broken some how and i ordered the piece from the Rover dealership? Do you think this was the problem that was causing the gas mileage to be so bad? thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
any vacuum leaks can cause fuel economy issues...

Furmando

Reaction score
ok i fixed the the pipe connector and it started right up Thank God :) now the fuel gauge is coming on prematurely and its still eating up lots of gas. Do you think i should replace the whole fuel pump or take it apart and trying to fix it. Maybe a wire got burnt out?? or a small piece is replace able..

Furmando

Reaction score
I also noticed two ports that were not pluged to anything right to the front of the gas tanks??? are they to be pluged or possibly to another version of the disco 2 thanks guys

Noah

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink