Help with rattles/squeaks please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As it's starting to get colder out, I've been noticing more squeaks and rattles lately. Hoping someone on here has experienced something similar and fixed them already.

There's a squeak coming from the passenger side upper dashboard area that's pretty prominent when going over speed bumps, potholes, etc. I don't think its the glove boxes, they seem to be sitting pretty solid.

There's also the pretty common middle-row rattle. Does anyone have any pictures of the specific bolts/screws I need to tighten? Even though I don't have a 3rd row, I have the 40/30/40 split seats, so there's a lot of rails and bolts under there.

Thanks!

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's also the pretty common middle-row rattle. Does anyone have any pictures of the specific bolts/screws I need to tighten? Even though I don't have a 3rd row, I have the 40/30/40 split seats, so there's a lot of rails and bolts under there.

Take a look at the bolts on the hinge which allows the seat to rotate forward. This is where my squeak was found. I tightened these and things actually became worse. A quick spray of silicone and the loosening (not too much) of this bolt eliminated the noise. Be sure to use the correct Torx bit. Since I was there, I also addressed the wiring for the seat warmers. There's a metal to metal spring clip that has "teeth" on it which presses onto the seat subframe for attachment. I used a small piece of hockey stick tape on the subframe, then re-attached. Much tighter and certainly no more squeak from there. I also zip tied the wiring to the plastic module box which lives underneath the seat. There was a "tick, tick, tick" sound which showed up when the wiring would bounce up and down and touch the module. Been quiet ever since. Now I can hear the differential whine better. Great...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge