Here i go again off road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zendestroyer

Reaction score
well since my last post on here i had a new alternator put in my 06 LR3 from there it was smooth sailing until i got called to go to georgia last month (i am in the military) and i took the LR3 with my around 450 miles on the interstate with no problems, i even pulled around 19 to 20 mpg, so here i am in ft benning surrounded by clay and sand and pine trees and i got the urge to go off road and i did. went down a sand path found a big mud hole and took the high road thru half of it the pass side of the truck sunk in the ruts and it pulled itself thru just fine i turned around and did it again with the same line and the driver side sunk and it pulled itself thru just fine. so here i go i am sitting there talking to my friends and i back up into the hole, i am moving fine and then i get a bit high centered which is no problem cuz i still got extended mode, well the truck goes into extended mode and it appears that wet sand is pain in the ass to get out of. during the recovery process we hear a loud pop and some hissing the truck tells me to readjust the susspension after i clear the obstical we clear it and now the truck is sitting in acces mode in the rear and all it will do is hiss when i try to raise the susspension, i i am getting a susspension fault light (orange) and it is telling me that no special programs are avaliable. and with the closest LR shop in altlanta (about 100 miles away) and it being memorial day weekend i am screwed until atleast tuesday yay me. has anyone heard or seen extended mode building up to much pressure to pop a line off?

GreyMatter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did it pop a line off for sure ir did it pop a bag?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...or damage the lines around the compressor when you "get a bit high centered". I do know your "." key definitely broken. ;-)

zendestroyer

Reaction score
yea my typing is not the best sorry for that. i am going to call land rover atlanta in the morning to see what they say hopefully it is just a line off but who knows. if this keeps up i may have to give the rover to the wife for kid duty (thats a joke)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9