Hesitation / Miss on acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonA

Reaction score
2005 LR3 SE V8

Started about a month ago. On acceleration and especially when going up an incline the engine seems like it is struggling to move the truck. I feel a slight vibration and engine has a different sound to it. The issue has been getting worse. Best way to describe it, It feels like a if you have a Manual trans in too tall of a gear and try to accerleate. Sometimes it will surge out and in of the problem.

I call Land Rover Monmouth to make an appointment. I also mention my steering wheel is blistering, the receptionist said yeah there has been a few like that let me transfer you to parts. Parts guy confirmed yup no big deal they have seen a few even called me back to verify VIN so he would have a new wheel in stock.

Brought it in today for 30k service, steering wheel blistering problem and this hesitation.

After waiting 3 hours they tell me…

1. “The steering wheel is blistering because of hand cream on your hands”.

I reply “I don’t use hand cream?”

They insist that was the cause, no warranty but they would be happy to replace it with the one they ordered $189 plus labor. :mad:

2. They could not feel any problems with engine or trans. Everything is fine latest updates were previously loaded and there are no fault codes. Your tires are good, yeah no kidding I just bought new tires last week as indicated but the mold spikes still on the tread surface. :rolleyes:

So basically I waited 3 hours for an oil change and a car wash. :hmmmm:

So figuring the ECU reset may have fixed the issue I leave only now the hesitation is much worse so I turned around and went back.

Brought a service advisor out with me. Who mentioned while we were driving, “we did replace a few steering wheels like that but now LR is clamping down on them so we don’t do it anymore”. :frown:

As for the engine he could feel something but they just reset the ecu so “take it down the highway at a good clip, it should straighten itself out”

Well guess what I drove 50mins down the highway back home and its still there! LRNA does not seem to care. The dealership acts as if there is nothing wrong. I have a 6hr trip next week and will be towing my 4000lb boat up & down mountains, should be fun.

I dumped some lucas fuel treatment in for the heck of it.

May try another dealer, the next closest is 2hrs 20mins away though

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have any faith left in the dealer, than you need to go up the chain to the GM of the dealership. Have a technician (their best) take it home and back to work until he uncovers the problem. Meantime enjoy the dealers loaner or rental until its fixed to your satisfaction.
Of course being civil and polite to all your new "friends" at the dealer.

DonA

Reaction score
I would be happy to do something like that but they do not offer loaners. LRNA said it’s up to the dealer they do not have to provide loaners or rentals.

The service manager spoke over my wife on speaker phone and was condescending to the point she hung up on him. My wife is a business development manager at the largest Chevy dealership in NJ. She thought she might get some professional courtesy apparently not.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112