Hi everyone, little advice if possible pls.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

madness

Hi all,

I am buying my very first landy after 6 years driving a lowered sports car =) I am very excited about it all, and have been doin my homework re: defender 90s (what i want) etc etc. I am from Malta btw *little island below sicily - europe*.

I am about to purchase a defender anytime, second hand one, and wud like to drop sum queries by you guys, maybe some of u got a few mins to spare with me.

essentially.. i found this really nice defender which was rebuilt locally. word is that its a great machine built with care and attention to detail etc. My worry is:
it is a hybrid kinda thing, with a defender body mounted on a seriesiii chassis. i am told these chassis use 10spline axles etc (not too technical yet). it has nice things like a td5 dash, tdi300 engine and sum modern r380 i think gearbox.

opinions pls? =/ really confused and not much help locally...

thank u

aLaN

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Any hybrid vehicle like you state will be harder to get repaired unless you have a full list of parts that went into it. If something would break, then you will need to know what year and model the part came from. Not a big issue if you built it, but can be when you need to repair it.

Also since it is basically a built vehicle, you can not be sure of the mileage of any part or what and how much each part has worn.

I personally would not buy something like this unless I really knew what went into it and I trust the person doing the work.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112