Hi Im new and Buying a Disco...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

BeirBrennerE30

Hello... I am presently in the market for a second car as i cant drive my modified BMW everyday for legal and practical reasons... I was looking at a local Black '01 DiscoveryII SE7... so i was wondering what I should be looking for when i buy this car... are there any special problems that the discoveryII is knows to have that i should watch out for??? What options whould i be looking for this car to have(heated seats, etc.)... or not to have if thats the case??? also do these cars come in manual or without the weird fake third row of seats???i figure they must but info seems to be hard to come by on the internet that doesnt involve ******** offroading... are there any good info site out there i should be looking at???
basically what do i need to know to pick the right disco for an everyday, sometimes offroad, car that needs to transport business execs from other companies...

Also since nothing I will ever drive will be stock I was looking into swapping to '03 lights with HIDs almost right away... what do you guys think???is there any good info on doing this??? also i was thinking about swapping in clear range indicator lights and '03 lower red and white rear bumper lights... what do you think of these as starter mods??? and could you guys recommend anymore to start off with???

sorry for all the questions at once but as i said i havent been able to find a whole lot abotu the discoveryII online... thanks in advance guys and take it away

-Chris Duerden

D

disco1

Since it's way past my bed time, I can't answer all your questions but I'm sure others on this list will chime in. The thing that intriques me is what sort of mods have you done to the BMW which won't allow you to drive it every day because of legal and practical reasons? Have you replaced the motor with a chev big block and blower, or is it stolen? Just kidding!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

discoII

i want to swap to the 03 lights too, is there a how-to on this mod?

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, I think its on Disco2.com, the forums are down but they have a tech section where I think its listed. If not there, then at landroversonly.com

B

BeirBrennerE30

disco1 said:
Since it's way past my bed time, I can't answer all your questions but I'm sure others on this list will chime in. The thing that intriques me is what sort of mods have you done to the BMW which won't allow you to drive it every day because of legal and practical reasons? Have you replaced the motor with a chev big block and blower, or is it stolen? Just kidding!

haha... the BMW has coilover with 450lb spings in the front and 600lb spring in the back as well as solid and urathane bushing and various other race spec suspension goodies.... needless to say its a bumpy ride but more than worth it for the handeling... also the has a swapped engine (s50 from the '95 m3) with a catless exhaust... not to mention its a favorite for cops everywhere...
I could wip up a full mod list if you'd like but this is why I need another car sometime soon

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90