hi, new guy here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c.j.arditoiii

Reaction score
own a 93 county LWB with the 4.2 litre. on cold mornings notice a puddle of antifreeze just behind the front axle. dealer says intake manifold is leaking and thehead gaskets show that they are starting to leak. estimate is $2500 to fix. i LOVE my truck, however, thats alot of $.
rover is in pretty good shape otherwise, considering 130,000 miles. should i do the repair? please advise with any thoughts. thanks.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you do decide to do the work... and it probably needs it... do not take it to the dealer....

Remember the engine is basically a 1960 Buick 215ci engine... any good mechanic should be able to do this work for less than $500.

For $2500 I would expect a complete rebuild.

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the price is pretty accurate for a rebuilt. When you mention Landrover or any forein car to a regular mech they normal seize up but the Rovers aren't that hard to work on. you have to remind them that it is a normal engine.

sandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres an idea, check the fan and waterpump to see if its loose.

if the water pump pulley is loose its an new waterpump.

seen it happen a few tiems, they get loose and loose a bit at time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112