Hi! What does this Transmission warning mean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tfunkmcgee

Reaction score
Hi! New here! Have a 2013 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus wt 76,000 miles. Recently had warning pop up. It says “Transmission Fault. Be sure to put car in park before turning off ignition” or something close to that. If I turn off car and immediately restart it, the warning disappears. Have had transmission looked at earlier this year and was reported as fine. Can anyone give me insight to what this warning means?? How to fix it? Etc… Thank You!!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
How old is the battery? I ask, because most Rover or even most newer vehicle issues are due to low voltage in the battery.

Nikki_LR3

Reaction score
Check the brake light bulb, and also if it gets to the point where it won’t come out of park, turn the headlights on BEFORE you crank it, then it should come right out of park. The transmission code most likely does not mean transmission. There are like 4-5 things it can be. The battery, the alternator, the brake switch and the brake light bulb, or it could be corrosion under the shifter in the wires. But try to rule out all of the other things first.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635