High mileage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jleebee1975

Reaction score
My 2000 LR disco 2 has 119,000 miles on it. It has had both head gaskets replaced, valve cover gaskets, intake gaskets etc. My truck runs and drives great with the only leak being a small one at the rear of the oil pan. Other than the ticking noise that developed it seems strong. What is considered to be "high Mileage" for a land rover of this year? When should I be expecting catastrophic failure? I have had vehicles with over 300,000 miles on them but from reading through some of these forums I feel as if that isnt the case with these trucks.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It really depends on maintenance. I have seen Rovers with over 300k miles, and I have seen some with engine failures with 70k miles... Of course I have seen GM product/Chrysler Products and even Toyota products do the same thing... it realy depends on a lot of things.

How well it has been taken care is the biggest item.... how often are the fluids check, has it ever overheated.. etc.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah to add to Joey's comment. You could have a middle daughter like me. She could ruin a Sherman tank. She has never been allowed to drive my rover. Gas pedal to the metal. Braking thru the firewall she is destructive. I have climbed a lot of rock, gone thru swamps, off roading in a club. Thing is I tread lightly. Vehicles last longer that way. Any issue is dealt with in a timely matter because most issues can and will have a domino effect thru a vehicle. I'm ranting again. Take care of your truck and it will take care of you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oledave49