How are the LR3's Doing for Interior Rattles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Michael

I was just wondering how everyone's LR3's are doing in the way of interior squeeks and rattles, versus mileage driven.

Michael

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides the crackling stereo speakers and wobbly Goodyears, the car is fine.

C

Cat

21k- interior squeaks and rattles are non-existent ( knocking on wood as I type)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
21K. Only rattles are caused by my stereo when turned up. A little in just the speaker mountings, unfortunately, and one place on the glove box that rattles annoyingly with bass. (should be easily fixed if I tighten the latch)

Other than that, very solid.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13 K and I'm still good to go :cool:

Cheers
John

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8,000 miles, many off them off road, no squeaks or rattles, this thing is well engineered. I had the opportunity to remove the main dash panel the other day, and was impressed how every clip was wrapped in a felt tape to reduce squeaks and improve friction.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the benefits of owning a truck that weighs almost 3 tons, everything is solid. My LR3 is whisper quiet in the cabin (12k miles). One day I was annoyed because I thought there was a rattle, 'til I isolated down to my 7 iron clanking into my 8 iron - whew!
My Range rover still doesn't make a sound inside at 75000 miles either.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just hit 27k and have spent some pretty rough days off road, and no squeeks, rattles (except when the rear seat belt hits the pillar) or problems. Just switched to Mich Synchrone 255/55 19 tires, and LR3 got quiet again. Goodyears just get louder with use....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99