How deep have you gone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So while going thought various threads on water fording, (and the recent thread entitled "how deep can you go...?") snorkels and raised air intakes on the LR3, I've gotten quite curious to have deep people have taken their trucks...

Sooo... How deep have you gone?

Btw I'll start by saying that I've gone ~20" maybe a bit more, but I'll be conservative since I don't have a picture to prove it :frown:

Last edited:

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? Nothing?

I thought this would be a good opportunity for cool pics and bragging rights...

Anyone?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on how much you want to spend, either before trying a water crossing and afterwards when you need to be towed home.
I have done 36"s in my 99 D2 and wouldn't recommend anyone going out for the thrill of it and trying it, it can easily cost you an engine , or a lot of wire harnesses if not properly sealed.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GLLRCMay2009058Large-vi.jpg

I have 31" tires and I have been deeper than them prob 32-33" with 2" rod mod

Last edited:

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's because there's another very recent thread with almost the same basic topic...
http://forums.landroverworld.org/showthread.php?t=16859

Boaz, I think I realize that...

So while going thought various threads on water fording, (and the recent thread entitled "how deep can you go...?")

I was merely trying to figure out how deep people have gone, not the manual's recommendation of 27.6".

I realize that you contributed to that previous thread, but you clearly stated that ...

I'd be comfortable up to about 31-32 inches with my setup.

Not that you've personally done that depth

I was also just curious to see how brave people have been, Like Disco Mike, going through 3 feet in his D2.

Just curious to seeing how deep people have dared to go in their LR3/D3s, plus its a great oppurtunity to share some cool fording pics :rock:

Boaz,
I truly value your response because I know you truly wheel your truck and have taken it places I can only dream off over here on the East coast.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tires are 31.5" and I've been a little over them. Followed a bunch of military Humvees full of Marine reserves across a big mud pond once. They couldn't believe a Range Rover Sport was keeping up with them. (That was before I got the LR3).

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not in my LR3, but here's the Sport. Lots of splash but the water wake when all settled was at the top of the LR lettering on the front of the hood in both pictures as I recall.

th_DSC_4302.jpg

th_LRL_0105.jpg

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is the driver side intake for show on a RRS? If not, this would confirm a theory of mine that the new lr4 would only need one snorkel. If the intakes merge somewhere before the engine, one unobstructed path should be sufficient for short submersions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo