How do you remove shifter on 2006 LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lacarruk1

I want to replace my shifter but do not want to crack the 6" plastic piece while removing it. Does anyone know how to properly remove the shift handle?

M

Matt_Grim2

lacarruk1 said:
I want to replace my shifter but do not want to crack the 6" plastic piece while removing it. Does anyone know how to properly remove the shift handle?

I had the same problem when i replaced mine with a woodgrain shift knob about a month ago, i was told to twist and pull but apon doing so i cracked the shift knob, when i called the company of the woodgrain they instructed me that all you need to do is grab it, make sure the buttom is pulled out and pull really hard, that is what i did when i needed it off and it worked just fine, the key is to not push in on the button when you hold it...

L

lacarruk1

Center Console

Matt_Grim2 said:
I had the same problem when i replaced mine with a woodgrain shift knob about a month ago, i was told to twist and pull but apon doing so i cracked the shift knob, when i called the company of the woodgrain they instructed me that all you need to do is grab it, make sure the buttom is pulled out and pull really hard, that is what i did when i needed it off and it worked just fine, the key is to not push in on the button when you hold it...

Matt- Thanks

Also - Since you have experience with this.... The Center console, I was able to pull that off no problem, but when I put the new APSIS center console (one that surrounds radio) on, it does not want to seal on the left and right side of the radio. Almost like too big of a gap there. I noticed there are these 4 slivers of plastic that get pushed in, I seem to be lining em up, but still not flush. Did you run into this problem?

Lastly -- In some areas of the new center console, I notice a little white haze on the wood grain. Not all over, just lightly in some spots. You have any issues or is yours perfect?

M

Matt_Grim2

lacarruk1 said:
Matt- Thanks

Also - Since you have experience with this.... The Center console, I was able to pull that off no problem, but when I put the new APSIS center console (one that surrounds radio) on, it does not want to seal on the left and right side of the radio. Almost like too big of a gap there. I noticed there are these 4 slivers of plastic that get pushed in, I seem to be lining em up, but still not flush. Did you run into this problem?

Lastly -- In some areas of the new center console, I notice a little white haze on the wood grain. Not all over, just lightly in some spots. You have any issues or is yours perfect?

I noticed the same thing as you, the original it was almost like it was sucktioned on to the console, but with the APSIS one it was a little to loose, what i did was bought peices of one sidded foam, that was sticky on one sick foam on the other, then some tape that was rubber on one as it looked to be what the original had one it and i placed it in certain spots so it would not rattle and would seal (you gotta get really thin tape)...

I did not notice the gap, once i lined the 4 metal clips up and snapped tem in it looked just like the original, you might wanna check that one of the clips didn't fall off as this happened to me and i had to clip it back on...

I noticed the white hase on one spot of the center console but i took some armorall cleaning whips to it and i have not noticed it anymore...

let me know if this helps or you need anymore help...

L

lacarruk1

Matt_Grim2 said:
I noticed the same thing as you, the original it was almost like it was sucktioned on to the console, but with the APSIS one it was a little to loose, what i did was bought peices of one sidded foam, that was sticky on one sick foam on the other, then some tape that was rubber on one as it looked to be what the original had one it and i placed it in certain spots so it would not rattle and would seal (you gotta get really thin tape)...

I did not notice the gap, once i lined the 4 metal clips up and snapped tem in it looked just like the original, you might wanna check that one of the clips didn't fall off as this happened to me and i had to clip it back on...

I noticed the white hase on one spot of the center console but i took some armorall cleaning whips to it and i have not noticed it anymore...

let me know if this helps or you need anymore help...

Matt - 2 Questions

1. Did you ever receive your deposit back from the company?

2. Did you ever receive the cupholder custom piece back and how long did it take?

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it just snaps on and off. A sharp pull upward should do it. When my dealer installed my bluetooth PTI the shift knob was loose when they returned the car to me. It actually came right off when I pulled it. I asked the service tech to come out and fix it and all he did was push it down to snap it back on to the spindle it fits on.

M

Matt_Grim2

lacarruk1 said:
Matt - 2 Questions

1. Did you ever receive your deposit back from the company?

2. Did you ever receive the cupholder custom piece back and how long did it take?

1. Yes I finally did recieve the deposit back from the company once i finally got my car back from the dealer as when I got the wheel installed they screwed up the rest of my car trying to fix other things and it is still in the shop for over 3 weeks right now...

2. I was e-mailed this week saying that in about 2 weeks the custom peice will be done... (takes 6-8 weeks)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM